Canadian Veterans Advocacy

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New announcement: Coming Back Home

The journey to healing from service-related trauma: support and resources delivered with compassion and a good dose of corny humour.

Coming Back Home is meant to be a resource of information about service-related trauma. It's written for veterans, serving members of the armed forces, and their families and supporters. When possible, I try to write broadly enough to make the blog useful to other groups too – like law enforcement and first responders, and even civilians coping with mental health concerns.

The topics I cover will continue to be pretty diverse, based on reader feedback and my own thoughts about what needs to be discussed. I have previously written about depression, fear, relationship issues, parenting, childhood issues, military culture, sexual dysfunction, and anger, to name a few.

I don't pretend to know everything about everything; I will stick to writing about what I know. Most of the patients I work with are male, heterosexual veterans. Most of the readers who write to me to share their stories so I can learn from them are also male heterosexual veterans. If and when I learn enough about other groups to write knowledgeably about them, I will do so; in the meantime, I will do my best to keep my posts broad whenever I can, so that more readers might find them helpful.

My other goal is to learn as I go – so, if you see me write something that you disagree with, please feel more than welcome to let me know. I'll do what I can to continue to improve it.

ABOUT ME: I'm a licensed, practicing clinical and rehabilitation psychologist based in St. Catharines, Ontario. I co-direct a psychology clinic, Niagara Psychological Wellness, with Dr. Jason Ramsay.

I work with veterans, law enforcement officers, first responders, as well as with survivors of child abuse, violent crime, and intimate partner violence. In terms of approaches to treatment – I respect the needs and preferences of each individual patient, and don't impose my own goals on anyone. I'm trained in EMDR, and in my experience, I find it tremendously helpful for a lot of people dealing with complex trauma.

~ Dr. Dee Rajska, C. Psych.

http://canadianveteransadvocacy.com/comingbackhome/

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:
http://canadianveteransadvocacy.com/Board2/index.php?topic=15385.0

Regards,
The Canadian Veterans Advocacy Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment